A step towards the new future
Puthiya Nambikkai (meaning ‘New Hope’ in Tamizh language) is a collaborative effort between Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry Police Department and Satya Special School, towards a) Prisoners Reformation and Rehabilitation and b) Awareness of Police Personnel in Puducherry (Central Prison, Kalapet, Puducherry), based on a deeper spiritual approach.
This initiative aims to be sustainable, scalable and replicable, and aspires to be a model of excellence and training centre for other prisons in India, and would bring together the best practices from India and the world. The programme also includes the prison staff and the spouses and children of the prisoners.
Every child is special
In India there are about 2.90 million Children with Special Needs (CWSNs). But most of these differently abled children do not have equal access to health care, education and employment opportunities. We need to create an inclusive world in which we are able to live a life of health, comfort and dignity.
AROHAN is our collaborative initiative with Satya Special School (Puducherry) and College of Education, University of Oregon (Eugene, USA), to provide care, cure, rehabilitation and specialized services to children who are differently abled and guarantee holistic development. It is working to create a model of excellence of education for children with special needs, including a rural outreach programme.
Redefining higher education
AUROPATH is an institutional development programme initiated by AuroService Trust in collaboration with Sri Aurobindo Society with a goal of preparing educational, professional and social institutions to realize their full potential and promote research-based sustainable development.
Through sustenance initiatives enriching quality and values in education
- To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of Quality of Teaching learning and Research in Higher Education Institutes,
- To undertake consultancy, research and training programmes,
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of Higher Education for quality enhancement and sustenance.
To promote the following core values amongst higher educational Institutions:
- Sensitize Institutes towards Sustainability
- Contribute to National Development
- Inculcate Value Systems amongst Students
- Promotion of Technology with Traditional approach
- Fostering Global Competitions amongst Aspirants
- To promote quality conscious system of higher education where excellence, relevance to market needs and participation by all stakeholders are prime and major determinants.
- To facilitate building education system, as facilitators of human resources, which will match the national goals of growth by competence, contribution to economy through competitiveness and compatibility with societal development.
- To set the quality benchmarks targeted at global and national stockpile of human capital in all fields of Higher Education.
Please follow the Facebook page of Auropath to get the latest updates on events and activities.