Integral Health is a state of being in which the individual’s body (the physical), emotions and life energies (the vital), and thoughts (the mental) are in harmony with her inmost self, the Soul. Absence of such harmony manifests as disease or illness.
Sri Aurobindo International Institute for Integral Health and Research (SAIIIHR)
Despite quantum leaps made by modern medical science, the understanding and attainment of a complete health and wellness are still out of man’s reach. Our work in health seeks to find answers to man’s long felt need for perfect health and wholesome living by researching, synthesizing and sharing new healing methods.
SAIIIHR's approach is based on viewing health as a complete and integral harmony between the body, life and mind, brought about by the discovery of the Psychic or Soul-principle. The Institute is engaged in studying and understanding health and healing in all their dimensions, prevention and cure of illness, and to build a universal movement towards integral health.
Our current activities include
- Promoting awareness of the application of yogic psychology to one’s daily life
- Synthesizing various modern and traditional forms of medicine — allopathy, ayurveda, homeopathy, siddha, flower remedies, acupressure, neurotherapy and other alternative systems of medicine
- Evolving a holistic concept of health based upon the understanding of all dimensions of an individual — physical, emotional, mental, psychic and spiritual
- Treatment of patients using alternative therapies
- Sanjeevan, an initiative by Sri Aurobindo Society in collaboration with Institute of Palliative Medicine (IPM), Kozhikode, Kerala, and HelpAge India, New Delhi, aims to practice an integral approach to end-of-life care in Puducherry, based on a spiritual foundation.
- Publishing a quarterly NAMAH (New Approaches to Medicine And Health), a journal dedicated to the cause of an integral approach to psychology, health and medicine
- On-going projects:
- Flower Remedies Project – preparing flower extracts that help regain one’s inner balance, health and harmony
- Application of Homeopathy in agriculture
- Treatment of renal calculi with homeopathy
- Setting up an institute with facilities for health awareness, research and training in integral health
For a full list of Publications and Products on Health, please visit the SAIIIHR online store.
The Sri Aurobindo Society aims to bring together all those who would like to work for the advent of a new world. Participate with us—come visit, volunteer, contribute, learn and grow in a way and in a field that interests you.